Best of the Festival - Fundraising Auction
Please join us for the OFFICIAL CLOSING EVENT of the London Festival of Photography 2012.
With each ticket purchase you will receive:
- A festival t-shirt
- A festival bag
- A limited edition poster
- Festival badges
- Festival postcard set
- Vivian Maier postcard set
You can buy tickets on the door - CASH ONLY!
Many of the festival's contributing photographers have donated prints so you will have the chance to own the best of the festival. Lively entertainment, refreshments and opportunities for industry mingling and prize-winning will ensure the evening is a night to remember. We may get even luckier than last year and witness Peter Dench losing more than just his shirt!
All proceeds will go towards ensuring the festival will be back in 2013.
The festival consisted of eighteen high quality exhibitions, sixteen of which were FREE to attend. We are a not-for-profit organisation and operate independently of any corporate brand, ensuring a consistently high quality of artistic content. All exhibitions are curated or co-curated in-house by the festival team.
We have accomplished all of this on the smallest of shoestring budgets. Arts funding has become increasingly difficult to obtain in recent times, and the festival does not benefit from grants funding or lucrative sponsorship deals.
EXTENSIVE press coverage and public consensus indicates that we are doing something important and we need your help to continue doing it - please support the festival by buying a fundraising event ticket and joining us for one of the most fun events of the festival.
Auctioneer: Dr Michael Pritchard, Director General of the Royal Photographic Society and former Christie’s photographic specialist and auctioneer
Food and drinks provided.
Drinks kindly provided by Blue Nun.
PRINTS FOR AUCTION
Prints range from £50 to £1,000 and from artists including:
- Edward Burtynsky
- Vic Odden Award winner and official Election Artist Simon Roberts
- Magnum photographer Chris Steele-Perkins
- Magnum photographer Martin Parr
- Magnum Photographer Olivia Arthur
- Multi award winning photographer Steve Bloom
- World Press Photo winner Zed Nelson
- Jerwood Photography Award winner Kurt Tong
- Great British Public contributor John Angerson
- Single Saudi Women contributor Wasma Mansour
- Behind Closed Door's contributor Andre Penteado
- International Street Photography Award finalist Alejandro Cartagena
- Environmental Landscape meistro Toby Smith
- Great British Public contributor and International Street Photography Award Finalist Arnhel de Serra
- Museum of London solo show exhibitor Frederick Wilfred
- Workshops with photographers and other photographic experiences will also be up for grabs
The evening also includes a silent auction with an opportunity to bid on fun items like signed books and cameras.
Telephone bids can be arranged, please contact us for more information.
6.30pm - 8pm
Viewing and drinks
All the prints being auctioned will be displayed from 6.30pm so you can enjoy a drink and have a first hand look before you buy.
8 - 9pm
A chance to bid on prints that were exhibited at the festival with a few surprise lots thrown in.
9 - 10pm
Drinks and social
© Martin Parr / Magnum Photos
© Edward Burtynsky
© Frederick Wilfred
© Antonio Olmos
© Wasma Monsour
© Simon Roberts
© Kurt Tong
© Laura Hynd
© George Georgiou
© Olivia Arthur
© Zed Nelson
© Ben Roberts