London to Paris - Street Photography Workshop with Nick Turpin
15 June to 17 June 2012
Venue: Starting Point: Eurostar Terminal, St Pancras International
Address: St. Pancras International, Pancras Road, London, NW1 2QP
Disabled Access: This event has wheelchair access
Time: Friday evening 7pm (train leaves St. Pancras at 8pm) to Sunday evening 9.30pm (train leaves Paris at 8:15pm)
Price: SOLD OUT
Join Nick Turpin on a weekend workshop to Paris where you'll learn how to improve your street photography at the hands of one of Britain’s top street photographers.
The workshop will include travel to Paris on the Eurostar and two nights accommodation. Inspired by Nick Turpin's ongoing project, The French, exhibited in St Pancras International as part of the festival in 2011, participants will spend two days exploring the streets of Paris, learning valuable street photography skills with time for feedback, discussions and of course delicious food and wine.
Images from the workshop will later be projected at an event during the festival.
Nick Turpin is a photographer and founder of In-Public, the international street photography collective. He has taught contemporary street photography at museums, universities and on TV and has exhibited across Europe, the UK and USA.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Photographers who wish to improve their understanding of street photography and confidence working in public.
- Professional or amateur photographers who are comfortable with the manual controls of their cameras.
- Please note: you must shoot in digital for this workshop and use a camera which can shoot in RAW mode. Digital SLRs or Rangefinders are preferred or high quality compact cameras (please email us if you are unsure).
THE FEE INCLUDES:
- Return train travel from London to Paris on 15 and 17 June 2011 (train dates are not movable)
- 2 night hotel accommodation (bed+breakfast)*
- Dinner on Saturday night in Paris (3 courses + wine)
The price does not include dinner on Friday night or Sunday, lunches, additional drinks or any additional hotel room charges.
*Please Note: In order to keep the price as low as possibe, you will be sharing a twin room with another participant of the same sex. If you would prefer your own room there will be an additional cost of £60, please contact us to discuss.
All times local and subject to slight change
Fri 15 June
19.15 Meet at St Pancras International, London
20:01 Depart London St Pancras International
23.17 Arrive Paris Gare du Nord
23.40 Check in at hotel
Sat 16 June
09.30 - 10.30 Briefing (in hotel meeting room)
11.00 -18:30 Shooting around Paris (with break for lunch)
20.00 Group dinner
Sun 17 June
08:30 Breakfast and briefing
09.30 - 15:00 Shooting around Paris
16.00 - 18.00 Slideshow and feedback (in hotel meeting room)
19.15 Arrive Gare du Nord
20.13 Depart: Paris Gare du Nord
21:29 Arrive: London St Pancras
Participants must provide:
- Camera (digital SLSR camera, range finder, micro 4/3rd or high-quality compact camera with manual controls)
- Charger + spare batteries
- Cable for connecting to computer
- Enough clear memory cards and batteries
- Notebook + pen
- Mobile phone
- Money for lunch + snacks + additional drinks
You must also have a valid passport to travel and visa if required. We strongly advise that you purchase travel insurance. Part of the workshop will be conducted in the UK and on board the train, therefore you must travel with the group from start to finish.
Supported by Eurostar linking the UK with the continent and connecting towns and cities across the UK with destinations in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland.
GET INSPIRED WITH THESE GREAT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS:
Images © Nick Turpin